Hadoop, mail # general - August 2011 San Francisco Hadoop User Group Meetup

August 2011 San Francisco Hadoop User Group Meetup
Aaron Kimball 2011-07-20, 22:13
Hadoop Fans,

It's my pleasure to announce the next monthly San Francisco Hadoop user
group meetup.
*When*: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM

*Where*: USF Harney Science Center
Golden Gate Ave and Chabot Terrace
San Francisco, CA 94117
This meetup will be hosted at the University of San Francisco (USF) in the
Harney Science Center. The entrance is on Golden Gate Ave, across from
Chabot Terrace.

As usual, we will use the discussion-based "unconference" format. At the
beginning of the meetup we will collaboratively construct an agenda
consisting of several discussion breakout groups. All participants may
propose a topic and volunteer to facilitate a discussion. All Hadoop-related
topics are encouraged, and all members of the Hadoop community are welcome.

Event schedule:

   - 6pm - Welcome
   - 6:30pm - Introductions; start creating agenda
   - Breakout sessions begin as soon as we're ready
   - 8pm - Conclusion

Food and refreshments will be provided, courtesy of SnapLogic.

Please RSVP at http://bit.ly/mZPQYC so we can get an accurate count for food
and drink.

Hope to see you there!

Regards,