HBase >> mail # user >> remove dead regions server

+
Samar Kumar 2013-02-04, 12:07
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-02-04, 19:08
+
samar kumar 2013-02-05, 08:21
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-02-05, 09:04
Re: remove dead regions server
There really should be no issue or slowdown involved with restarting the
masters.  The operation only takes 1-2 seconds and is pretty much
transparent to clients.  We run hundreds of M/R jobs as well as a handful
of online APIs hitting hbase and have not seen any issue restarting masters
at will whenever we need to.

+
samar kumar 2013-02-08, 06:53