Hadoop >> mail # user >> NN Memory Jumps every 1 1/2 hours

Re: NN Memory Jumps every 1 1/2 hours
So it turns out the issue was just the size of the filesystem.
2012-12-27 16:37:22,390 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Checkpoint done.
New Image Size: 4,354,340,042

Basically if the NN image size hits ~ 5,000,000,000 you get f'ed. So you
need about 3x ram as your FSImage size. If you do not have enough you die a
slow death.