Thanks Vinay and Ravi for reply.

Yes, since branch-1 behavior is same. Would like to know whether it’s missed/purposefully kept?

If it is not intended, Shall I raise Jira and remove this permission checks..?
--Brahma Reddy Battula

From: Ravi Prakash [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 August 2017 07:38
To: Vinayakumar B
Cc: Brahma Reddy Battula; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: When permission is disabled, why setOwner() && setPermission() still check the permission?

I agree! I don't know of any one who doesn't use permissions. This was probably a feature flag that never got removed.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 3:29 AM, Vinayakumar B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Hi Brahma,

Thanks for bringing this up.

According to history of git, there is no historical reasons found for me.
May be someone with branch-1 experience, can answer this ..?

-Vinay

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Brahma Reddy Battula <