HBase >> mail # user >> Does HTable.put() guaranty that data are effectively written?

Does HTable.put() guaranty that data are effectively written?
 Hi,

I have a simple Java program that write data into a set of HBase
tables using the HTable().put() call and an infinite number of
retries (in order to block when HBase fails and restart when it is
up again, and thus guaranty that my data are written sooner or later).

My cluster is a test cluster of 2 regionservers running HBase 0.20.3.

During one (1) regionserver failure, I experienced the following
issue: all the data I write are lost, with no exception and no error
reported (the call act as if everything was ok).

If I shut both regionservers down, I got my exception and errors and
my code work fine (it blocks and restarts when hbase is up again).

So my question is: is it a known problem ? Isn't HTable().put()
supposed to guaranty that the data are correctly written when it
returns with no failure ?

Regards,
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2010-08-02, 17:22