HBase >> mail # user >> HConnectionImplementation closed

HConnectionImplementation closed
Hi there,

I'm having problems accessing HBase from within a MapReduce programme on
my cluster. To locate the problem I've written a very simple test
programme. It runs fine on the master node, however on the other nodes I
get the same error that was causing problems in the MapReduce programme:

java.io.IOException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@2937d090
closed
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:794)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:782)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.finishSetup(HTable.java:251)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:215)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:173)
     at TestHBase.main(TestHBase.java:29)

This occurs after these lines in the programme:

         Configuration conf = HBaseConfiguration.create();
         conf.set("hbase.master", args[0]);
         HTable table = new HTable(conf, "Table1");
Note: I'm note accessing HBase through the InputFormat. I simply would
like to read out a few values in the setup-method of my mappers. hbase
shell seems to be working on all nodes just fine and I can ping and
telnet the master node on port 60000 from the other nodes.

What could be the problem? Am i missing something? I've installed HBase
with cloudera manager CDH4.

Kind regards,
Antony