I see you figured it out. I should read all email before I sent my last reply.

________________________________
 From: Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:43 AM
Subject: Re: Sporadic memstore slowness for Read Heavy workloads

Ohk I think I understand this better now. So the order will actually be, something like this, at step #3

(ROW, <DELETE>, T=2)
(ROW, COL1, T=3)
(ROW, COL1, T=1)  - filtered

(ROW, COL2, T=3)
(ROW, COL2, T=1)  - filtered
(ROW, COL3, T=3)
(ROW, COL3, T=1)  - filtered

The ScanDeleteTracker class would simply filter out columns which have a timestamp < 2.

Varun