I did look at HConnectionManager and that is the reason I expected the
scenario you just described but running the test I ran from the development
environment (IntelliJ IDEA) I did not get any returned value, instead the
exception is thrown and after I catch it the result is null...

Object[] res = null;
try {
      res = table.batch(batch);
} catch (RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException
retriesExhaustedWithDetailsException) {
      retriesExhaustedWithDetailsException.printStackTrace();
}
if (res == null) {
System.out.println("No results - returned null.");
return;
}

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <