I asked because I thought exactly what you all said but wanted to be sure.
My case is incrementing counters per URL where the families are time
periods (hourly, daily...) and the qualifiers are
impressions_criteria1,impressions_criteria2... I am going to use
coprocessors in order to sum all impressions counters (all criteria
segments) and then increment another counter (general count) that belongs
to the same URL.
Is that a good practice for Coprocessors (Observer) ?

Thanks.