If we encrypt the password in the configuration file, where will we store
the key to decrypt it?

Protect the configuration file with restrictive file permissions. Or, you
can specify a separate file that contains the keystore password (...
?passwordFile=...) and protect that file with restrictive filesystem
permissions.