Yes of course. I have tried a few things:
1. The protobuf 2.5.0 you sujested was indeed needed and solved most of the
problem in the first place. Although I got other exceptions.
2. Then I saw I had lots of slf4j jars with different versions downloaded
from different modules. It might have solved the mystery navigate them to
use only one version (with maven exclusions).
3. There was another conflict between hadoop2.2.0 jersey and my own. I also
excluded the one shiped with hadoop. It solved other exceptions regarding
usage of new hadoop/hbase versions.
that was pretty much it and it might seem short but it took a lot of
frustration. The migration is successfull and my tests work fine.
The last bothering issue is this winutil.exe that is required, which it
shouldn't, since my cluster installation is in an Ubuntu server but my
client in a win7. I have no installation in win7. The exception doesnt seem
to have influence on the functionality but it bothers a little bit so i told
my java code to find HBaseConnection a fake winuil.exe.
thanks again and regards,
View this message in context: http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/HConnectionManager-java-389-tp4056268p4056345.html
Sent from the HBase User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.