Hi All,

We upgraded from HBase0.94.15(cdh4.5) to HBase0.98.1(cdh5.1). We are able
to CRUD if we create new tables. However, old tables are not showing up.
I checked ZK, and i can see znodes of 0.94 tables under /hbase/table94 . I
looked into hbase:meta table and i did not find any of my 0.94 tables in
it. I see rows for the tables that i created in HBase0.98. We need to get
back those tables.

I also tried to run "hbase hbck". But hbck is giving following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException:
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$DataInconsistencyException:
KeeperErrorCode = DataInconsistency
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck$1.connect(HBaseFsck.java:1390)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck$1.connect(HBaseFsck.java:1380)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.execute(HConnectionManager.java:552)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.loadDisabledTables(HBaseFsck.java:1380)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.onlineConsistencyRepair(HBaseFsck.java:459)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.onlineHbck(HBaseFsck.java:484)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.exec(HBaseFsck.java:4032)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck$HBaseFsckTool.run(HBaseFsck.java:3841)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.main(HBaseFsck.java:3829)
Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$DataInconsistencyException:
KeeperErrorCode = DataInconsistency
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.convert(ZKUtil.java:1859)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKTableReadOnly.getTableState(ZKTableReadOnly.java:164)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKTableReadOnly.getDisabledOrDisablingTables(ZKTableReadOnly.java:128)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck$1.connect(HBaseFsck.java:1386)
    ... 10 more
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.exceptions.DeserializationException:
Missing pb magic PBUF prefix
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.ProtobufUtil.expectPBMagicPrefix(ProtobufUtil.java:256)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKTableReadOnly.getTableState(ZKTableReadOnly.java:154)
    ... 12 more

Is there any utility that can write the meta data for 0.94 tables? Also, i
would like to fix "DeserializationException: Missing pb magic PBUF prefix".
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta