Regarding HBase 7941 - client API support..

In the past year I wrote a lot of client code for HBase and which led to
writing a helper class for my specific needs, and since it was brought up
here I guess I'm not the only one who did something similar...I personally
like the idea brought up by Nick in the JIRA of using some kind of
<SerializationType> interface and having HBase shipped with primitive
support - and anyone who wants will implement for their needs. Same idea ad
Hadoop's Writable interface - shipping with IntWritable, LongWritable, etc.

Anyway I'd be happy to help.