Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop eval function

+
yogesh kumar 2013-12-30, 10:09
Re: Sqoop eval function
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-12-30, 21:17
Hey There,

The Sqoop eval command is more for verification and preview purposes than
actual usage. With that being said... you can definitely pipe the result of
sqoop eval into a file and perform what ever formatting you see fit (ie
with AWK).

-Abe
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 2:09 AM, yogesh kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am doing some select operation with sqoop evel function. like
>
> sqoop eval -libjars ..
> --query "select max(salary) from employe where dept = HR"
> -- username abc
> --password abc
>

> Its working fine, I want to store the result of this query into a unix
> shell script variable..
>  for using this vale for further operations...
>

> Pls help and suggest how to stroe the value into a vriable.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Yogesh Kumar

+
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-12-30, 21:25