Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop eval function

+
yogesh kumar 2013-12-30, 10:09
Re: Sqoop eval function
Hey There,

The Sqoop eval command is more for verification and preview purposes than
actual usage. With that being said... you can definitely pipe the result of
sqoop eval into a file and perform what ever formatting you see fit (ie
with AWK).

-Abe
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 2:09 AM, yogesh kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am doing some select operation with sqoop evel function. like
>
> sqoop eval -libjars ..
> --query "select max(salary) from employe where dept = HR"
> -- username abc
> --password abc
>

> Its working fine, I want to store the result of this query into a unix
> shell script variable..
>  for using this vale for further operations...
>

> Pls help and suggest how to stroe the value into a vriable.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Yogesh Kumar

+
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-12-30, 21:25