HBase, mail # dev - trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-04-11, 16:26
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-11, 16:39
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-04-11, 16:45
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-11, 16:50
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-04-12, 00:52
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-12, 06:45
+
Stack 2013-04-12, 15:28
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-12, 19:47
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-04-12, 00:55
Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.
Ted Yu 2013-04-12, 02:14
HBASE-8382 doesn't exist, as of this email. Can you confirm the JIRA number
?

bq. updating the precommit script so that it runs the hadoop 2.0 profile or
some set of it as well?

I think the above is a good idea. With this in place, we can easily find
out about (binary) incompatibility of HBase trunk w.r.t. hadoop 2.0
In the first cut, we can select the tests you recently fixed.

Cheers

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe I got the last consistently failing tests against hadoop2 fixed
> this afternoon (HBASE-8382).  If and when this is green, what do folks
> think about updating the precommit script so that it runs the hadoop 2.0
>  profile or some set of it as well?  (We could probably get away with doing
> just the Medium or just the Large tests).
>
> Thanks,
> Jon.
>
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I plan on committing these patches hanging off this jira late today.

> > completion time regression from h1 to h2 profiles
> > * HBASE-7636 (3 rs failure recovery) have a problem with hdfs's
> > shortcircuit reads.
> >
> > These are quick fixes, to get the hadoop2 build clean.  After I get the
> > build green, I'll pursue root causes.
> >
> > The failure in HBASE-8324  (HFileOutputFormat failures on yarn/mr2) are
> > the last consistent failures on my hadoop2 build.  I'm still working on
> it
> >  -- yarn/mr2 is a bit of a black box.
> >
> > Jon.
> >
> > --