MapReduce >> mail # user >> State of Art in Hadoop Log aggregation

Re: State of Art in Hadoop Log aggregation
Sagar,

It sounds like you want a management console. We are using Cloudera
Manager, but for 200 nodes you would need to license it, it is only free up
to 50 nodes.

The FOSS version of this is Ambari, iirc.
http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/

Flume will provide a Hadoop-integrated pipeline for ingesting data. The
data will still need to be analyzed and visualized if you use Flume. Kafka
is a newer project for collecting and aggregating logs, but is a separate
project and will need a server of its own to manage.

We use Splunk also, since it is approved by our auditing compliance agency.

Thanks,
*Devin Suiter*
Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Alexander Alten-Lorenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]