Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Shell documentation appendix

Re: Shell documentation appendix
Oh, and would it be simpler to call the Java code, instead of
interacting with the shell in a script? Similar to what is done to
generate docs/config.html?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, whatever is done, I just want to ensure it's automated, so that
> the PDF (if we're going to generate one) is one of the build artifacts
> that is included in release candidate voting, without a lot of manual
> steps.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Billie Rinaldi
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed that there's a script that grabs shell output and builds an
>>> appendix for the user manual PDF. However, that doesn't appear to be
>>> automated as part of the documentation build profile.
>>>
>>> So, the questions are:
>>> 1) Do we need this?
>>>

>> Well, it's kind of nice to have all the usage collected together.  I feel
>> like I've looked something up there, but not for a while.  Does anyone else
>> use it?  It doesn't just run `help`, it gets the full command listing from
>> `help` and then runs help on each command.
>>

>>> 2) Does it need to be run manually?
>>>

>> It doesn't need to be updated very often.  Whether it could be automated
>> depends on the state of accumulo --fake.
>>

>>> Also, I guess there's some extra steps to convert the LaTeX source for
>>> the PDF into HTML... regarding that:
>>>

>> I like having the manual as html in addition to pdf.  I'm playing around
>> with asciidoc to see if it supports everything we need for the manual.  It
>> would be much better not to have to do the latex to html process again.
>>
>> Billie
>>

>>> 1) are those steps documented anywhere?
>>> 2) can we automate that procedure?