Hive, mail # user - Re: Accessing sub column in hive

Re: Accessing sub column in hive
bejoy_ks@... 2013-03-08, 12:35
Hi Sai
You can do it as
Select address.country from employees;

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Bennie Schut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 09:09:49
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; 'Sai Sai'<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Accessing sub column in hive

Perhaps worth posting the error. Some might know what the error means.

Also a bit unrelated to hive but please do yourself a favor and don't use float to store monetary values like salary. You will get rounding issues at some point in time when you do arithmetic on them. Considering you are using hadoop you probably have a lot of data so adding it all up will get you there really really fast. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3730019/why-not-use-double-or-float-to-represent-currency