Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

On Aug 22, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Eli Collins wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> 2. Distinct MR, HDFS and YARN committers
>>> 3. Combine MR, YARN, HDFS committers
>>
>> So we might better just vote on (2)
>> versus (3)?
>
> Works for me.  What do others think?

Can you clarify more on what you are proposing we vote on?

What does (2) mean? Since (1) was dropped, does it mean we seed the YARN list with folks who have been contributing/reviewing patches on YARN?

Thanks,
+Vinod