HBase >> mail # user >> HBase RegionServer can't connect to Master

Re: HBase RegionServer can't connect to Master
do you have anywhere "localhost" in you hadoop configuration ?? or hbase
configuration???

Here are some jugestion :

on terminal type : sudo vi /etc/hostname

there you change the name suppose for master node make it master and for
the slave machines(open hostname file on slave nodes) and make it as slave1
slave2 etc...

then replace "localhost" with the hostnames you have given. after setting
these at the master copy the same configuration to the slaves also specify
the machine names like master, slave1, slave2 in the master and slave files
in hadoop configuration, then format the name node and start the hadoop and
hbase again and then try...
and host file configuration of master should look like

also in regionserver file in hbase make sure there is no localhost. replace
localhost with machine names

127.0.0.1   localhost
someip      master.host.com master
someip      slave1.host.com slave1
someip      slave2.host.com slave2
do same thing on the slaves also...
will solve everything related to domain problem in hadoop hbase or anything
else

Regards

Shashwat Shriparv

--