Hadoop >> mail # user >> Namenode problem

Namenode problem
Hi all,
I am running HDFS in Pseudo-distributed mode. Every time after I restarted
the machine, I have to format the namenode otherwise the localhost:50070
wont show up. It is quite annoying to do so since all the data would be
lost. Does anybody know this happens? And how should I fix this problem?
Many thanks.
William