Hive >> mail # user >> Renaming partition columnname only (locations remain unchanged)

Re: Renaming partition columnname only (locations remain unchanged)
all you have to do is create a partitioned test table and run an alter
table command to rename the partition column(s) - and see what happens.

That's about as simple as it gets.  It either works or it doesn't. :)