HBase >> mail # user >> Re: CCIndex

CCIndex was work done by a grad student at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He/they talked with us years ago about getting this in. The advice (this was just before 0.92 was branched) was to redo it as a coprocessor. I specifically remember wondering about how to hook IOEs from missed HFile reads - for when a read of an index with reduced replication hits a missing block and an index rebuild must be triggered. That would have been an interesting use case for the CP framework. However I think everyone moved on without this happening.