HBase >> mail # user >> HBase and Datawarehouse

+
Kiran 2013-04-28, 03:12
+
Em 2013-04-28, 11:12
+
shashwat shriparv 2013-04-28, 17:00
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-04-28, 17:27
+
Kiran 2013-04-29, 03:39
+
anil gupta 2013-04-29, 05:21
+
Kiran 2013-04-29, 05:40
Re: HBase and Datawarehouse
Inline.

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Kiran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anil,
>
> So it means HBase can help in easy retrieval and insertions on large
> volumes
> of data but it lacks the power to analyse and summarize the data?

Out of the box, it can do simple aggregations like sum, avg, etc. But, if
you have complex analytical queries(lead, lag rolling aggregates) then you
can write your Coprocessor for doing those analytical queries.

> In HBase
> can't we write Map-Reduce jobs that can do this "data cunching"?

Yes you can do. But, if you are only going to do MR then why use HBase for
storing data?

> As per your
> analysis isn't that a feasible approach than the data warehousing systems?

I dont know your use case in detail so cant say whether it will work for
you or not. But, theoretically it is feasible. Have you evaluated hive/pig
for data warehousing?

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta
+