Hadoop >> mail # general >> SGE patch for HOD

SGE patch for HOD
Hi everybody,

At CRS4, Distributed Computing Group (http://dc.crs4.it), we developed
and tested a simple patch that adds Grid Engine support to HOD. Since
porting HOD to SGE is listed in the Project Suggestions page at:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ProjectSuggestions

we decided to share the patch with the community.

The patch is available as an attachment to:

After patching, HOD passes all unit tests at our site, and we tested the
SGE driver on a production cluster consisting of about 400 nodes. The
patch should preserve Torque functionality, although we were not able to
test this on production.

*NOTE*: the patch is for the official hadoop-0.20.1 HOD release. It
should be easy, however, to generate patches for other versions.

To patch, simply download the patch from the above JIRA link and run:

cd ${HADOOP_HOME}/src/contrib && patch -p0 <hod_ge.patch

--
Simone Leo
Distributed Computing group