From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 6:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Disabling balancer permanently in HBase

2 other options:
1) Build your own balancer which always returns null and set it with
hbase.master.loadbalancer.class; (*)
2) Give a dummy non-existing class for hbase.master.loadbalancer.class ? (**)

(*) hbase.master.loadbalancer.class is still missing in the
documentation. HBASE-7296 has been opened last year. Might be good if
someone can apply it.
(**) I have not tried that, so I have no idea if this is working or
not. However, if the class given for the load balancer doesn't  exist,
I think it will "simply" log an error on the logs and return. But you
will have to test that.

Finally, maybe we should have something like
hbase.master.loadbalancer.disable that we can setup to TRUE if we want
to totaly disable load balancing? (Even if this is not recommanded).

JM