HBase, mail # dev - [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Re: [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-17, 20:45
> +Packaging

I would like to help you on this. Can do packaging and testing using the
Bigtop framework. I see HBASE-8187, but it's resolved. Elsewhere we
can coordinate? Could open a Bigtop jira. Whatever you prefer.

> +Migration

As part of the above. Test by starting with an 0.94 install on a small
cluster, load up some data, shut down and upgrade packages, try to
(re)launch...

> What else?

I beg your patience as RM. Some guys here have been working diligently for
the past couple of months on something that is in our estimation 0.96able.
Won't go into it here because they have been passing around a proposal for
dev@ since the weekend, to make sure it says what they want. Will be out in
the next day or so for the consideration of all.

Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)