Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: assign tasks to specific nodes

+
Mark Olimpiati 2013-09-11, 17:09
Re: assign tasks to specific nodes

I assume you are talking about MapReduce. And 1.x release or 2.x?

In either of the releases, this cannot be done directly.

In 1.x, the framework doesn't expose a feature like this as it is a shared service, and if enough jobs flock to a node, it will lead to utilization and failure handling issues.

In Hadoop 2 YARN, the platform does expose this functionality. But MapReduce framework doesn't yet expose this functionality to the end users.

What exactly is your use case? Why are some nodes of higher priority than others?

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/