Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Re: reviewboard vs. gerrit

Re: reviewboard vs. gerrit
Hi,

I'm currently proposing gerrit as a tool to host GIT repositories at Apache.
For evaluation I installed a gerrit instance at http://koch.ro:8080

Gerrit not only does the same things as reviewboard (AFAIK), but also
- directly commits to the official GIT repo when review is succesful
- manages commit and review permissions
- let you directly "git push" to itself - so no more git diff>PATCH and upload

But I don't have used gerrit in practice so far. It's only my impression, that
it would much better serve the needs of the ASF. Gerrit is developed by google
for the android project and also used by the eclipse foundation. Both projects
have similiar legal and workflow requirements as the ASF.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-01-12, 16:42