HBase, mail # dev - Are we no longer giving credit in SVN commit messages?

Are we no longer giving credit in SVN commit messages?
Andrew Purtell 2014-01-21, 00:36
I see some committers are continuing the informal practice we've had of
attribution in parenthesis after the issue description if the work is not
your own, e.g.

HBASE-XXXX. JIRA title goes here (Contributor Name)

I've noticed that some committers are definitely not doing this.

I think it is bad practice not to provide attribution to the contributor in
the commit message. When one is reviewing commit history, neither links to
JIRA nor inlining of JIRA content is possible -- unless there is some tool
that does this of which I'm not aware (please let me know!).

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)