HBase >> mail # dev >> LZ4 compression support

Re: LZ4 compression support
Hi,
(almost 3 months old thread)

LZ4 perf test numbers in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7657?focusedCommentId=13170733&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13170733 looks pretty impressive.  Why do you think HBase users would not see perf difference in HBase?  We saw it when we moved from LZO to Snappy.

Laxman, did you end up testing LZ4 with HBase?  Would it be possible for you to share the results?

Thanks,
Otis
----
Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase - http://sematext.com/spm