HBase >> mail # dev >> Adding column family to hbase table

Adding column family to hbase table
Hi All,

I use hbase 0.92 and I am trying to add a column family to hbase table
and I get the below error.

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotDisabledException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotDisabledException: test

After disabling the table, I can add the column family.

But in production environment, I will not be able to disable the table.

Is there a way without disabling table, I can add the column family?

Thanks