HBase >> mail # user >> More rows or less rows and more columns

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-09-10, 17:26
+
Harsh J 2012-09-10, 17:30
Re: More rows or less rows and more columns
Option c, depending on the use case, add a structure to you columns to store the data.
You may want to update this section....

Mike Segel

On Sep 10, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Mohit,
>
> See http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#schema.smackdown.rowscols
>
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Is there any recommendation on how many columns one should have per row. My
>> columns are < 200 bytes. This will help me to decide if I should shard my
>> rows with id + <some date/time value>.
>

> --
> Harsh J

+