Hadoop >> mail # user >> bug in streaming?

bug in streaming?
if I set input to a file that contains just 1 line (which does not even
contain "\n")

and the mapper is

-mapper " bash -c './a.sh' "

and a.sh is

echo -n "|"
cat
echo -n "|"
I see 2 part- files generated in the output, which means 2 mappers were
invoked, and one mapper consumed empty input , producing an output
'||'
but given such a small input file,  we should definitely see only one
mapper.

this looks like a bug

Yang