Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Use zookeeper as Load Blancer

+
Neo Qing 2013-05-15, 05:26
+
Camille Fournier 2013-05-15, 15:55
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-05-15, 16:01
+
Neo Qing 2013-05-16, 01:28
+
Neo Qing 2013-05-16, 01:26
+
German Blanco 2013-05-15, 16:09
+
Bahman Kalali 2013-05-15, 16:26
+
Neo Qing 2013-05-16, 01:25
Re: Use zookeeper as Load Blancer
Hi,Germán Blanco:
     Thanks for your detailed response, but my thought is little bit
different compare with your point. Actually my thought is same as Bahman
Kalali said, our service is based on ZooKeeper to implement a 'service
discovery' service. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll keep that in my mind.

Neo
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:09 AM, German Blanco <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Neo Qing,
>
> I am not the best expert, but I will try to help.
> I understand that you want to have a ZooKeeper client connected to a
> cluster and you wonder if there will be fail over and load balancing for
> the requests coming from that client. If I didn't get the question right,
> please correct me.
> If I am not wrong, if the ZooKeeper client loses its connection it will try
> to reconnect to any of the servers that are indicated when you create the
> ZooKeeper object, so there will be fail over. Of course, that will mean a
> new connection. Some failures in the servers can be handled without the
> client losing its connection, e.g. when a server other than the one you are
> connected to goes down but there is still a quorum in the cluster.
> Load Balancing for ZooKeeper write requests coming from clients wouldn't
> help because all request need to go through the leader. Load Balancing of
> read request could be achieved if the ZooKeeper clients connections are
> balanced between the servers of the cluster, but not for a single client
> connection.
>
> I hope that helps. Anybody, please correct me if I got anything wrong.
> Cheers,
>
> Germán Blanco.
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Neo Qing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,There
> >   I'm new to zookeeper, currently I'm working on a project, I have a
> > cluster of server, client need to connection server (TCP/IP), and we need
> > to keep the connection long live.
> >   To do the fail over and load balance , I was wondering whether
> zookeeper
> > can handle this case, especially for long live connection.
> >   thanks in advance.
> >
> > Neo

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-05-16, 01:27