Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Proto files

Re: Proto files
I responded in the JIRA for this.  Because we wrap proto in Hadoop RPC right now those .proto files are not going to do very many people a lot of good, unless they have a client that can also communicate over a simple form of Hadoop RPC.  I think it would be good to move to a pure PB RPC implementation, but that involves security changes and a lot of other things so it is not a small undertaking.

--Bobby Evans

On 3/24/12 8:38 PM, "Eli Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Good idea, no reason we shouldn't, the build probably wasn't updated to
include the who we added then. File a jira?

On Saturday, March 24, 2012, Ralph Castain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I notice that the .proto files are not present in the built tarball. This
presents a problem to those of us working on 3rd party tools that need to
talk to Hadoop tools such as the resource manager. It means that anyone
wanting to build our tools has to install an svn checkout of the code as
opposed to simply installing the tarball.

> Is there any reason -not- to include the .proto files in the tarball for
distribution? It would help a great deal.