If you’ve always wanted to work with Hadoop, HBase, Flume, and friends and build massively scalable, high-throughput distributed systems, we have a Data Engineer position that is all about that! If you are interested, please send your resume to [EMAIL PROTECTED] . Details below.
* Versatile architect and developer �� design and build large, high performance,scalable data processing systems using Hadoop, HBase, and other big data technologies
* DevOps fan – run and tune large data processing production clusters
* Tool maker ��� develop ops and management tools
��* Open source participant – keep up with development in areas of cloud and distributed computing, NoSQL, Big Data, Analytics, etc.
* solid Math, Statistics, Machine Learning, or Data Mining is not required but is a big plus
* experience with Analytics, OLAP,��Data Warehouse or related technologies is a big plus
* ability and desire to expand and lead a data engineering team
* ability to think both business and engineering
* ability to build products and services based on observed client needs
* ability to present in public, at meetups, conferences, etc.
* ability to contribute to blog.sematext.com
* active participation in open-source communities
* desire to share knowledge and teach
�� * positive attitude, humor, agility, high integrity, and low ego, attention to detail
* New York
We’re small and growing. Our��HQ is in Brooklyn, but our team is spread over 4 continents. If you follow this blog you know we have deep expertise in search��and big data analytics and that our team members are conference speakers, book authors, Apache members, open-source contributors, etc.
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]