Kafka >> mail # dev >> Consumer re-design proposal

Re: Consumer re-design proposal
On 06/12/2012 12:59 PM, Jay Kreps wrote:
>    2. Try to replace the "simple consumer" and "high level consumer" with a
>    single, general interface that has all the advantages of both.

I've read through the wiki pages but think I'm missing the forrest for
the trees.

For a consumer that wants "Manual partition assignment" and "Manual
offset management", what does the proposed offer over the existing
SimpleConsumer?