MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Replication factor

+
varun kumar 2013-03-12, 20:57
Re: Replication factor
The best way would be to test it. The provided links indeed do not seem to
help.

I would say the default replication factor is the one found in the
configuration and it can be overwritten at runtime. I don't remember
anything about using the parent directory in order to find the "default
replication factor". The use case is understandable though. If the file
tree is clean, one could expect many use cases where under one directory
each file have the same replication factor but that this replication factor
may change from one directory to another.

(A ticket could be opened on the jira if none exist about that subject,
that way a discussion could start about the interest and difficulty of a
patch.)

I am afraid you will have to specify the replication factor yourself and/or
build yourself a mapping.

Regards

Bertrand

--