Hive >> mail # dev >> MR logs during .q file tests

MR logs during .q file tests
Hi.

Is there any way to get MR logs during .q tests? Ideally, without changing
code.

MR logs by default don't go into hive.log, even though the logging from
caller alleges that's where they are to be found.
Previously, a workaround existed where you could force MR to local by
changing code in MapRedTask, but I had problems with it after mavenization
- it fails w/out of memory. That can probably be fixed by setting some
magic variable somewhere (I did set MAVEN_OPTS from FAQ), but this is a
hack, requires rebuild and later revert/checkout, and doesn't catch all the
bugs - e.g. serialization issues in operators are not visible w/local MR.

So I wonder if there's good way to obtain these logs. Or if there should be
a JIRA to add it :)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE