Flume >> mail # user >> Send data to a remote Hbase server

+
George Pang 2013-10-31, 06:40
+
Ashish 2013-10-31, 07:36
+
George Pang 2013-10-31, 20:57
Re: Send data to a remote Hbase server
Hi Ashish,

Does it mean I have to install zookeeper too in the HBase box, in order to
talk to Hbase from a remote Flume?

Thank you,

George
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Ashish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have a look at http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#hbasesinks
>
> It says "This sink writes data to HBase. The Hbase configuration is
> picked up from the first hbase-site.xml encountered in the classpath."
>
> It will be able to talk to your Remote Server.
>

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM, George Pang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I set up Flume to get Apache server log and send it over to Hbase, my
>> experiment works in a single machine (Apache, Flume and Hbase all in local
>> machine)
>>
>> If I want Flume to send to Hbase located in a remote server, what should
>> I do? I don't see in flume.conf example a place for remote Hbase address.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> George
>>

> --
> thanks