Sqoop, mail # user - String replace functionality in Sqoop import using Oozie

+
Nitin kak 2013-02-04, 19:41
Re: String replace functionality in Sqoop import using Oozie
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-04, 20:28
Hi Nitin,
even though that the name might suggest that command line argument --hive-delims-replacement is related to hive, it's not true and this argument is independent. Thus you can use it without --hive-import and it should work correctly in oozie as well.

Jarcec

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 02:41:36PM -0500, Nitin kak wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

>      Is there a way to replace (or drop) a character in one of the fields
> on the fly while importing data from an RDBMS system? I basically want to
> replace Ctrl-A characters in the fields. I know its possible to do that
> with Sqoop Hive Import(--hive-delims-replacement) but Hive Sqoop import is
> know not to work correctly with Oozie(hope this one gets remedied soon).
>
> Regards,
> Nitin Kak
+
Nitin kak 2013-02-04, 20:31