MapReduce >> mail # user >> build failure - trying to build hadoop trunk checkout

build failure - trying to build hadoop trunk checkout
Hi,

I'm following the steps at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute for building hadoop in preparation for submitting a patch.

I've checked out the trunk, and when I run "mvn test" from the top-level directory, I get the following error (snipped for clarity):

Results :

Failed tests:   testLocalHostNameForNullOrWild(org.apache.hadoop.security.TestSecurityUtil): expected:<hdfs/tonyb-[Precision-WorkS]tation-390@REALM> but was:<hdfs/tonyb-[precision-works]tation-390@REALM>

The test in question is:

@Test
  public void testLocalHostNameForNullOrWild() throws Exception {
    String local = SecurityUtil.getLocalHostName();
    assertEquals("hdfs/" + local + "@REALM",
                 SecurityUtil.getServerPrincipal("hdfs/_HOST@REALM", (String)null));
    assertEquals("hdfs/" + local + "@REALM",
                 SecurityUtil.getServerPrincipal("hdfs/_HOST@REALM", "0.0.0.0"));
  }

And my hostname is tonyb-Precision-WorkStation-390.

Any idea how I can get this test to pass?

Thanks,

Tony

This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by email and then delete the email completely from your system.  Neither Sporting Index nor the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened.  It is the responsibility of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use of this email.  Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Gateway House, Milverton Street, London, SE11 4AP.  Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Services Authority (reg. no. 150404) and Gambling Commission (reg. no. 000-027343-R-308898-001).  Any financial promotion contained herein has been issued
and approved by Sporting Index Ltd.

Outbound email has been scanned for viruses and SPAM