From: Doug Meil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Just joined the user group and have a question

Hi there-

If you're absolutely new to Hbase, you might want to check out the Hbase refGuide in the architecture, performance, and troubleshooting chapters first.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html

In terms of determining why your region servers "just die", I think you need to read the background information then provide more information on your cluster and what you're trying to do because although there are a lot of people on this dist-list that want to help, you're not giving folks a whole lot to go on.