Accumulo, mail # dev - "Provided" dependencies

+
Christopher 2013-11-06, 22:05
+
Joey Echeverria 2013-11-06, 22:17
+
John Vines 2013-11-06, 22:46
+
Christopher 2013-11-06, 23:46
+
John Vines 2013-11-06, 23:54
+
Christopher 2013-11-07, 00:06
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-11-07, 22:30
+
Michael Berman 2013-11-06, 22:43
+
Joey Echeverria 2013-11-06, 23:03
Re: "Provided" dependencies
Adam Fuchs 2013-11-07, 02:04
On Nov 6, 2013 6:04 PM, "Joey Echeverria" <joey+[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I depend on Accumulo in my maven project, then I shouldn't need to
> depend on Hadoop unless the APIs I'm using leak that dependency or I
> have an explicit dependency on Hadoop elsewhere.

We currently leak the Text object. It would be great if we didn't! (newbie
project?)

> > Since you can build accumulo against
> > any version of hadoop and it will still run against any other version of
> > hadoop, I think it's better to make things easier on us by having it
> > compile scoped.
>
> That's not strictly true. If you build against Hadoop1, I don't think
> you can run against Hadoop2, but I could be wrong. I do know that
> unless you're doing some reflection magic, you have to modify
> [In|Out]putFormats as the APIs moved some classes to interfaces and
> vice versa.

We have done some crazy reflection stuff to make this possible.

Cheers,
Adam
+
Christopher 2013-11-06, 23:45