HBase >> mail # user >> coprocessors and JMX

+
Grant Ingersoll 2012-10-14, 18:35
+
Elliott Clark 2012-10-15, 23:45
Re: coprocessors and JMX
It sounds like you want to have the coprocessor expose it's own
metrics as part of the HBase metrics?  If that's right, can you
describe some of the metrics you might want to expose?

We could possibly provide hooks to publish metrics through the
CoprocessorEnvironment, which could then get pushed out with the other
HBase metrics in some coprocessor namespace.  I haven't been following
the latest metrics changes, but I assume this would mainly be some
hooks for the coprocessor to register new metrics with the
environment, using the existing metrics types.

It would also make sense to expose some metrics on coprocessor
endpoint RPCs, same as we do for other RPC methods but named for the
endpoint method being called.  This is something I've considered in
the past, but I'm not sure if there's an existing JIRA for it.
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Elliott Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There's not a special way inside of the coprocessor to get metrics.
>

>    - RegionObservers can get the HRegion, through the ObserverContext,
>    which has lots of metrics hanging off of it that might be useful
>    - You can get it through the normal jmx system.  However that's pretty
>    verbose.
>    - Or the easiest way, which is a little bit slower, is though the info
>    server http://<YourServerHostName>:<YourInfoServerPort>/jmx.
>

> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Grant Ingersoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> I have a Coprocessor, what's the best way to hook it into HBase's JMX
>> setup so that I can get stats on the coprocessor?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Grant
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-10-16, 16:46