Accumulo >> mail # dev >> SplitLarge Utility

+
David Medinets 2012-11-13, 03:19
+
Eric Newton 2012-11-13, 10:59
Re: SplitLarge Utility
It is out of place, to me, because the Accumulo Shell should be the
primary mechanism for Accumulo system administration. Why have a
utility that can't be invoked from the Shell? Any objections to moving
it?

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, I've had users accidentally ingest key/values that were so large that
> they could not be compacted (the tablet server would run out of memory and
> crash).  This utility allowed me to remove the large key/values and
> preserve them for analysis.  Why is it that you want to move it?  Could you
> be a little more specific about why it seems out of place?
>

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM, David Medinets
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Is this utility something useful in a production shop? If so, should
>> it be integrated into the shell? Maybe it should be moved to the
>> contribs directory? I seems out of place in the current
>> org.apache.accumulo.core.file.rfile package.

+
William Slacum 2012-11-13, 14:19
+
William Slacum 2012-11-13, 14:21