Hadoop >> mail # user >> MultiFileLineRecodrReader vs CombineFileRecordReader

MultiFileLineRecodrReader vs CombineFileRecordReader
I've found that there are two different implementations of seemingly the
same class:

MultiFileLineRecordReader (implemented as an inner class in some versions
of MultiFileWordCount) and

CombineFileRecordReader

In order to implement RecordReaders for the MultiFileWordCount class.

Is there any major difference between these classes, and why the redundancy
?  I'm thinking maybe it was retro added at some point, based on some git
detective work which I tried...

But I figured it might just be easier to ask here :)

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com