Hadoop >> mail # user >> Passing a value from main() to map()

+
王瑞军 2012-04-26, 08:57
Re: Passing a value from main() to map()
Hi,
It seems that you are trying to code a hadoop job which takes input from stdin ?
As far as I know it is not possible as hadoop job works on input coming in batches not on real time streams.
Please wait for others response as well as I am a beginner and may be missing something here.
Ajay Srivastava

On 26-Apr-2012, at 2:27 PM, 王瑞军 wrote:

> hello everyone:
>        i have a problem.we knew map() has it's own parameter such
> as map(Object key, Text value, Context context).
> the following is my structure.
>
> public class aaa{
>     public static class bbb {
>               public void map() {
>                         i want use the variable number here;
>                         for example;
>                         if(number==0) {print xxxxxx}
>                    }
>            }
>    public static void main() {
>          we receive a number from the keyboard,for example;
>          Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in);
>              number = input.nextInt();
>    }
> }