HBase >> mail # user >> Just joined the user group and have a question

Just joined the user group and have a question
Hi HBASE Gurus,

I am Chalcy Raja and I joined the hbase group yesterday.  I am already a member of hive and sqoop user groups.  Looking forward to learn and share information about hbase here!

Have a question:  We have a cluster where we run hive jobs and also hbase.  There are stability issues like region servers just die.  We are looking into fine tuning.  When I read about performance and also heard from another user is separate mapreduce from hbase.  How do I do that?  If I understand that as running tasktrackers on some and hbase region servers on some, then we will run into data locality issues and I believe it will perform poorly.

Definitely I am not the only one running into this issue.  Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Chalcy
+
Doug Meil 2013-01-17, 17:34